Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Favorable/Unfavorable for the Rest of Winter (and a side note)

Favorable
MJO: It is currently looking to move into Phases 8 and 1- good for storms and cold.
AO: The long range AO looks to be going back negative.
PDO: The PDO Is in a cool phase, thus increasing probabilities for precipitation and cool temperatures in the East US.

Unfavorable
AAO: In a moderate-strong positive phase and does not appear to be changing anytime soon.
AO: A blip into positive territory shows that this new -NAO/-AO pattern is not as strong as it was a couple weeks ago.
NAO: The NAO will remain around neutral for a while.
PNA: The PNA is trending negatively in the longer term.
EPO: The EPO is going neutral, thus moderating temperatures.
WPO: The WPO looks to be positive, keeping Canada warm and cold air out of the picture.

Side Note: I haven't exactly been forecasting the way I usually do in the past couple days. It has not been shown on here, other than the throwing in the towel for winter.
I wanted to say that I did that in the wrong mindset, and after looking at all of these indices I have determined that I will be holding my verdict on the rest of winter in hiatus until possibly this afternoon, when I have more time to get a fresh look at all of the outlooks and indices, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment